Build Your career with us
Below will provide information on any current positions avaiable at OHC Environmental Engineering!
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST. FILL OUT THE INFORMATION BELOW AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
OHC Environmental Engineering, Inc. has been providing industrial hygiene and environmental consulting services for over 36 years. We take pride in our work by offering extensive knowledge and experience in this field, a flawless compliance record and a notable performance history. Visit us at www.ohcnet.com.
We are looking to expand our team! The position being offered will require field work and technical report writing for surveys and abatement monitoring. The ideal candidate will be attentive to detail, dependable and able to complete tasks independently under the direction of a project manager. The position will be based out of Tampa with projects located nationally. Thus, flexibility to travel for brief periods is required, but extended periods may be requested. The position has a strong potential for advancement for those showing desire, professionalism, motivation and capabilities.
Those with education and/or experience in industrial hygiene, abatement, construction, demolition, environmental sciences and public health are encouraged to apply.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Perform oversight and air monitoring for abatement/remediation projects
· Conduct surveys for asbestos, lead and other hazardous materials
· Conduct Indoor Air Quality investigations to identify cause and extent of contamination
· Conduct investigations of working conditions for the prevention of occupational disease and industrial health hazards
· Generate detailed and technical reports using Microsoft Office Suite
Requirements for Consideration:
· A 4-year degree in a related field, or 5 years of experience with asbestos, lead and/or mold
· Must have strong proficiency with Microsoft Word
· Flexible working schedule with occasional overtime, weekends, nights, holidays and extended hours
· Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
· Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
· Pass pre-employment physical, background and drug screen
· Pass government and corporate security clearance with random drug testing
· Physical requirements includes, but are not limited to: climb and maintain balance at heights; Push/pull/lift/carry objects up to 50 pounds routinely; Work in non-climate controlled environments; Walk up and down multiple flights of stairs while carrying equipment/tools; Walk long distances over rough and/or variable terrains; Work in small spaces; Safely enter and exit confined spaces; Good vision and hearing
Preference will be given to those possessing 2 or more of the following:
· 4-year degree in industrial hygiene, public health, environmental science/policy, biology or other related majors.
· At least 1 year of experience with mold remediation
· At least 1 year of experience with asbestos
· NIOSH 582 course for the identification of airborne asbestos fibers
· Asbestos Contractor/Supervisor certification
· AHERA Building Inspector certification
· EPA lead paint inspector and/or risk assessor certification
· Experience supervising abatement projects
· Experience conducting indoor air quality assessments
· OSHA and other documented training a plus
· Light construction experience/hands-on skills
Pay scale will be based upon level of experience, qualifications and abilities.
Competitive benefits package offered.
As with all environmental, health and safety hazards that OHC employees encounter on a daily basis, it is our policy to utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) at all times. This is particularly enforced during the COVID-19 pandemic.